Workshops & residencies
Mad in Situ are the designer studios for social and societal innovation of MAD Brussels in the Anneeesens neighbourhood in the centre of Brussels.
MAD in Situ is an 800-sq.m. space with six shared studios, where 10 to 20 designers can work, as well as a ground floor area for production purposes and a multi-purpose space.
These studios can be shared or rented as a whole. The designers may occupy the space for one year, and the contract is renewable for another year.
The selected residents come from different design disciplines, including urban design, textile design, industrial design, graphic design, service design, food design, print design and so on. They can be self-taught or project managers in social and societal innovation, producing goods or services.
MAD in Situ, above all, wants to be a tool for designers:
- To create cross-pollination between design and innovation and promote a creative dynamic between the residents.
- Through the follow-up by the coordinating team of MAD in Situ and the option of using all the tools of MAD Brussels.
- This allows the resident designers to become more professional, either by developing their own projects and/or by working on the many design commissions for social and societal innovation of MAD in Situ.
- Designers can also take advantage of a coaching and awareness programme about entrepreneurship.
- Designers can use the teachings of the coaching programme in the projects and commissions they receive through MAD in Situ.
Pierre Emmanuel Vandeputte
LUC-Laboratoire d’usages collaboratifs
Want to become a resident at MAD in Situ?
Applications are welcome throughout the year.
+32 (0)477 37 95 80
+32 (0)2 880 01 17
MAD in Situ - Innovation lab for Social Design
Rue du Vautour, 4