Natan is a Brussels based fashion company founded in 1930 by Paul Natan. Current owner and creative director, Edouard Vermeulen, relaunched the couture house in 1983. The brand is known for its luxurious and timeless aesthetic and impeccable making. Anno 2019 the label owns 7 shops all over the Benelux and is sold at multiple retail points national and internationally.
With the head office located in the heart of Brussels, the company is a nest of talent. Heads full of ideas, hands rushing to make everything possible all conducted by Edouard Vermeulen, making sure the end result always exceeds the expectations. He has succeeded in creating a unique, magical universe where women become even more confident thanks to the energy of his designs.
CREATING A TIMELESS AND ELEGANT ENVIRONMENT. STAYING TRUE TO YOUR ROOTS. DELIVERING UNIQUE AND EXCEPTIONAL WORK, WHILE MAKING SURE THE HARMONY OF ALL COMPONENTS IS GUARANTEED.
Welcome to the world of NATAN always researching new talent.
We are currently looking for a designer to contribute to the growth of the fashion house NATAN. You will be a key figure in the evolution of the luxury product. You are able to centralize both the commercial information of our shops and the sales statistics, to create collections that fit the image of our customers perfectly with a modern vision.
In close collaboration with Mr Vermeulen, you will be able to anticipate the latest trends and translate them into a commercial, contemporary and elegant collection that reflects Natan's DNA.
This position is stimulating and varied, within an enthusiastic and dynamic team. You will be given the opportunity to grow in an expanding Belgian luxury fashion company.
Description of the tasks:
- You constantly inquire about the reality of the product and its sales feedback.
- You take this into account in the creation and development of the product on a daily basis.
- You select the fabrics and develop the color ranges. You make the print development by hand and computer.
- You draw sketches of the collection by building well-defined themes.
- You make all the volume research by draping and moulding on the mannequin.
- You participate in the fittings of the models.
- You develop the collection plan for strategic sales.
- You prepare the looks for photoshoots and fashion shows.
- You will organize your work according to a well-defined seasonal schedule, respecting deadlines.
- A product developer will be in charge of tracking purchases, technical sheets, model launches and will inform you of the progress of the collection.
- You have followed a superior artistic training (fashion, graphic design, ...) or have acquired equivalent skills by experience.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in designing women's collections.
- You know how to work with a sewing machine, a good knowledge of patterns and a strong sensibility for draping and bust moulding.
- Experience in sales and a business vision is a major asset.
- You are autonomous, organized, precise, creative, dynamic, proactive, positive and willing to learn attitude.
- You are discrete, available, rigorous, with good interpersonal skills. You also have a great capacity for initiative and autonomy, and understand the value of service and teamwork.
- You are flexible in working hours.
- You love fashion and are passionate about luxury clothing.
- Strong communication skills in Dutch, French and English.
- Knowledge of photoshop, illustrator and in-design are an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this job. Please find more information HERE.