WE OFFER WORKSPACES
FOR COLLABORATIVE DESIGN
MAD offers a residency programme for a mix of fifteen young designers and creators from all design sectors and helps them develop their professional activities.
It is a space for co-creation and collaboration in which emerging designers and creators are supported in developing personal projects involving the social and environmental sectors.
In addition to supporting their work in Brussels, MAD collaborates several times a year with associations, public authorities or companies who call upon the services of one or more of the designers in residence for innovative social and societal projects.
These projects allow the designers and creators to gain meaningful experience in the field, to collaborate with designers in different disciplines and to increase their visibility
- A two-year incubation period, allowing them to hone their professional skills and develop projects.
- They are provided with a prototyping studio equipped with high-quality facilities and the necessary tools for creation.
- They have access to shared studio space, allowing them to meet and collaborate with other designers and benefit from other areas of expertise.
- Supported by a team of experts including a business coach and guidance on Eco design.
- Visibility via the various MAD communication tools (the MAD website, newsletter, social media...).
- Easier access to other services provided by MAD.
- Use of common areas.
- Must: live in the Brussels Region
- Be between the ages of 21 and 35
- Have two years of experience in the design or fashion sector
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Develop a personal project in the social, ecological or sustainable sector.
- A reasonable fee of 150€ / month will be charged per person.
- The designers holding the MAD residencies must commit to spending 50 % of their time on projects associated with sustainable social, societal or environmental innovation.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION
To submit your application, please send your CV, your portfolio and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The designers are selected by a jury based on their application file and an interview.
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
The selection jury meets twice a year, in the spring and autumn.
Thomas Billas/Designer/Project vivaqua
“ […] As MAD has a thorough knowledge of the designers they collaborate with, I have always been able to work on projects that suited me and enabled me to grow and contribute my skills.”
Pierre-Emmanuel Vandeputte/Designer /Project Ecco Freddo.
“MAD is a real springboard for young designers like me who want to launch their studio. After graduating from la Cambre, I was fortunate enough to be accepted for a MAD residency. MAD gave me the opportunity to work on various projects for social and societal innovations such as the ECCO FREDDO project. This type of collaboration allowed me to explore a new vision of meaningful design: social design.”