Designer - Children's clothing
Designer - Children's Clothing
AREA GHENT – FULL TIME
Design original product in collaboration with the Design Director in all aspects of product development process.
Ownership and responsibility in all aspect of design.
Design original product that maintains brand integrity and achieves sales/merchandising objectives.
- Collaborate with Design Director in development of seasonal collections
- Execute timelines on Development Calendar and Line Plan needs.
- Work with Design Director to coordinate concept boards and concept guides and samples to drive newness to the brand.
- Partner with Collection Manager to meet SKU and line plan objectives while always keeping a focus on brand integrity..
- Prepare and assist in seasonal product reviews to cross functional team and working with product Merchant on assortment.
- Participate in garment fittings— maintain initial vision, taking notes and implementing changes.
- Manage final sketches in AI throughout the season.
- Research/stay abreast of market trends for fabric, color, and silhouette development for in season concepts. Shopping locally and on design shopping trips in order to get inspired and stay current.
- Travel to suppliers ??
- Help mentor and manage Graphic Designer throughout the design cycle.
- Build close partnership with cross functional departments (Collection Manager, Sales, Stylist,…) – communicate and collaborate throughout design process.
- At least 6 years’ experience in Design or Product Development within the fashion industry (preferably children’s and boys wear)
- Bachelor Degree in Fashion Design/ Product Development, or equivalent advanced knowledge through work experience or intellectual instruction.
- Computer skills a must – Microsoft Office + Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- Excellent organization skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Background in fit, fabric development, finishes and construction details
Please send your motivation letter + CV + portfolio
You know it: an overcrowded agenda, no desire for a banal party, no desire to run from hot to her and let your agenda bulge even more. The answer? The a-tot-z-approach that Hooray! offers.
If you're looking for a party with natural and style, you'll often be hungry. With Hooray! I want to change that. Parties that are both friendly and surprising and sophisticated. It's not an easy challenge, but it's precisely that challenge that feeds my creativity. And also: for me, a party is only really successful if it gets stuck. At Hooray! you can go for refreshing events with a nose for aesthetics, which surprise you down to the smallest details.
What can you expect from Hooray! Depending on your expectations, I will look at every aspect of your event. From the location hunting to the flower bouquet, catering, decoration, styling, make-up & hair, invitations and music. With a recognizable signature and an outspoken style. On the festive day I take care of the full coordination of your event, so that you can enjoy it above all.
You compose your own party formula so that - if you want - you only have to slide your feet under the table.